About Healthy Northeast Ohio
Healthy Northeast Ohio: Sharing Knowledge to Create Healthier Communities, is a website that launched in December 2019, that provides access to population health data, evidence-based practices, and information about regional health resources and activities in one centralized location. This work is supported by a grant from the HealthComp Foundation and through partner contributions, with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health serving as the fiscal agent and The Center for Health Affairs serving as the project leader.
Healthy Northeast Ohio provides hospitals, health departments, community-based organizations, philanthropic agencies, and other stakeholders with data and resources to support community health improvement activities and strengthen collaboration in the region. The Healthy Northeast Ohio region includes Ashland, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, and Summit counties.
Healthy Northeast Ohio serves as a neutral repository of de-identified health information that highlights collective impact toward positive health outcomes. The vetted and verified data comes from more than 30 sources, including the American Community Survey, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Ohio Department of Health.
The Healthy Northeast Ohio website allows users to:
- View over 300 health and quality-of-life data indicators;
- View 250 demographic variables at the state, county, and zip code levels;
- Map and visualize data, and generate tailored data dashboards and reports;
- Examine zip code and census tract level maps of socioeconomic need;
- Browse through a database of over 2,000 evidence-based practices and programs;
- Access county-specific pages with local data, priorities, health improvement strategies, and resources;
- Track progress towards county goals; and
- Access a tool for creating a community health needs assessment.
Click here to visit the Healthy Northeast Ohio website.
Click here to visit the Healthy Northeast Ohio Fact Sheet.