|Angela Newman-White MA
216.201.2000 ext 1517
The Maternal and Child Health Program (MCH) helps women and families to become healthy and stay healthy. MCH is an organized community effort to link people to services, create healthy communities, and raise community awareness.
- Connecting men and women to Sexual Health Services
- Connecting women to Centering Pregnancy
- Connecting children with physical activity and healthy eating
- Educating families about Safe Sleep
- Identifying barriers for services
- Offering mental health screening and referrals
How to be healthy:
- Go to the doctor for regular check-ups
- If you are pregnant, getting prenatal care early – within the first 3 months of pregnancy
- Exercising at least 3 days a week
- Going to the dentist for regular check-ups
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day
- Make sure your child gets his/her shots on time
- Quit smoking
To schedule a doctor’s visit, contact a local provider:
Join local Ohio Equity Institute teams to address infant deaths in your community. Gather people from your community to discuss concerns you have and voice your concerns to your local leaders.
The Child and Family Health Services (CFHS) program collects health related information in Cuyahoga County to help explain the health of our community and also to help create programs to improve healthy behaviors and access to care.
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) is used to gather information from middle school and high school students in Cuyahoga County about how they are feeling and what they are doing on a daily basis that impacts their health. The YRBS is conducted by the Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods at Case Western Reserve University.
CFHS has produced an Indicators Report that provides health-related information by neighborhood.
Cuyahoga County Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and Indicators Reports:
- 2014-16 CFHS Indicators Report
- 2014 CFHS Indicators Report
- 2012 Cuyahoga County Middle School YRBS Report
- 2011 Cuyahoga County High School YRBS Report
2017 Effective Strategies to Reduce Infant Death
2014 Consortium Meeting PowerPoints
- Baby Basics
- Preconception Health of Adolescents in Cuyahoga County: Data from Youth Risk Behavior Survey
- What You Do to Prevent Preterm Birth in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County
2013 Consortium Meeting PowerPoints
- Biocultural Approaches to Health Inequities
- Farmers Market Overview
- Fetal Infant Mortality Review
- Ohio Department of Health Presentation
- Pregnancy Risk Factors